Oily skin can be a problem that is frustrating. In the awkward shining forehead that destroys all your photos to the constant blotting and touch ups during the day as well as the horrible acne, greasy skin is no fun in any way. While everyone else is after “dewy” skin, you would be happy just settling for a normal complexion. Well, we’re here to tell you, with the right base, your skin may look better than normal. It can look luminous and clear, and all it requires is the right cosmetics option. Whether you are a fan of liquid foundations or can not live without your powder, we have rounded up the best base for anybody with oily skin.
2. Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
Rimmel’s Stay Matte Foundation’s powerful formula offers around 12 hours of shine control, meaning fewer touch-ups and zero oil-blotting throughout the day. Offering great coverage at a reasonable price, this matte foundation is just as great as its more expensive counterparts with no large price tag.
3. Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24h Foundation
Lancome’s Teint Idole Ultra 24h Foundation has a sleek smooth formula that leaves skin feeling and looking fresh and radiant. Featuring an extremely long-lasting formula with around 24 hours of use time, this liquid foundation leaves complexions with a smooth matte finish all day. The light liquid formulation glides onto skin to decrease glow, minimise pores and protect imperfections without even seeming caked or powdery.
4. Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Makeup
While it might not boast a 24 hour wear time, Benefit’s Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Makeup is at least as good for oily skin since Lancome’s foundation. Containing brightening properties for a luminous finish, this liquid base instantly creates radiant skin that’s gorgeous and (most significantly) shine-free. Its oil-free formula builds from light to medium coverage for naturally clear-looking skin.
5. Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfecting Makeup
The creamy formula of Clinique’s Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfecting Makeup includes salicylic acid, which means that it not only hides but also fights your acne. Creating flawless, lightweight policy, this very helpful foundation will create blemishes disappear without clogging pores. It also comes in a selection of colors so that everyone can find their perfect skin tone fit.
6. Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Liquid Foundation
Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Liquid Foundation is among those infrequent medium-to-full coverage foundations which is acceptable for oily and skin that is moisturizing. Offering the perfect amount of hydration to whiten unbalanced skin, this foundation is kind to skin while staying hard on blemishes. One use and you’ll find that Make Up For Ever has created the ideal product for hiding pores, blemishes and fine lines with no caked feeling.
7. Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder
Clinique’s Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder comes with a shine-absorbing, oil-free formula. Perfect for full coverage in the morning or to clean up excess oil throughout the day, this foundation keeps you looking fresh. The streamlined comes complete with a sponge for simple application.
8. Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Perfectly Satin 24HR Makeup
Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Perfectly Satin 24HR Makeup makes a flawless matte finish with total coverage. The smallest blemishes and shine patches will disappear and stay gone for as much as 24 hours with this foundation. Transfer-resistant, humidity-resistant and featuring shine-control ingredients for soaking up excess oil, this foundation is exactly what fatty skin needs on special occasions. While providing excellent coverage, in addition, it locks in hydration to keep skin balanced and joyful.
9. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation
An award-winning base in a handy mobile compact, the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation is a fatty skin essential. Perfect for busy days and company trips, this foundation comes complete with its nozzle for simple application. Boasting fabulous, shine-free outcomes, this foundation has a long-lasting, soft matte finish. Additionally, it absorbs excess oil and protects against heat and humidity throughout the warmest of weathers.
Best Tips for Managing Oily Skin
- Scrub skin gently using soothing products with skin-friendly ingredients. Avoid harsh cleansers as they can get the skin to over-dry and produce more oil as a result.
- Avoid exfoliating skin, especially with products containing abrasive ingredients such as beads. Rather, gently massage the skin with fingertips and pat dry later.
- Keep skin hydrated with moisturising promptly after washing and preventing over-drying products, such as those including alcohol.
- Choose products that contain salicylic acid. The ingredient is one of the most effective acne-fighters that is also kind to your skin.
- Clean makeup brushes often to rid them of dirt and bacteria.
- Choose makeup wisely to avoid exacerbating acne and oil.