When you are stuck in a fashion rut, a dramatic haircut can be exactly what you want to revamp your appearance. The simple action of chopping off your locks for a brief crop can make you look and feel like a completely different woman. The thought might look like a scary notion, but with lobs and bobs so popular at the moment, a pixie cut would be the natural next step. Plus, with the amount of compliments, you’ll receive after this chop, you will wonder why you didn’t do it sooner.
Short Pixie Cut
Cutting your own hair into a short pixie style may be serious choice, especially if you’re used to having long locks. The design will radically change your appearance and take significant time to mature out. If you do choose to cut your hair, it may be the most beautiful style you’ve ever needed. Like hitting a giant refresh button, this style will lift and enhance your mood and face.
Pixie Cut With Bangs
Bangs can help give a simple pixie cut an additional increase of style. Pick side effects which swoop throughout the forehead to give short hair a feminine touch. Maintain the look mild with choppy layers as a blunt fringe can appear too severe in a pixie cut.
Asymmetrical Pixie Cut
Just like a pixie cut with bangs, an asymmetrical pixie adds a healthy dose of female length while keeping the overall style short and cropped. Long on one side and short on the flip side, the asymmetrical pixie cut looks best when combined with a deep side part to make sure that volume is kept on top.
Shaved Pixie Cut
Shaved pixie cuts are among the latest trends to emerge out of this particular hairstyle. Once reserved for the boys, shaved haircuts are now hot and trendy for girls too. Choose between a left-hand (asymmetric cut), undercut (bottom half shaved), or whole head shave to rock this fashion.
How to Design a Pixie Cut
Many men and women believe that after you cut your hair short, there’s just one way to wear it, but that is simply not correct. Although updos may be out of the question, there are still many ways to style your short hair and change your look. Whether you are headed into the workplace, on a date, or even out for Sunday brunch, there’s a way of styling your pixie trimmed to fit your needs.
- After washing gently apply a heat protectant to strands.
- Blow-dry hair utilizing a small-barreled brush. Use the brush to pull up roots as you blow-dry, to keep quantity, and curl the ends gently inward to add shape.
- Finish the look by lightly running a flat iron via any parts that won’t stay down and incorporating serum.
- Once towel-drying, sparingly apply curl-enhancing mousse to damp hair.
- Allow hair to air dry so as to maintain curls intact and frizz at bay.
- Once completely dry use a curling wand to add definition to curls and create volume at the roots.
- End by lightly scrunching anti-frizz serum through your strands.
- When washing bypass the shampoo and head right to get a mild dose of conditioner.
- Once washed, apply texturizing spray to damp hair, focusing on the longer strands on top.
- Blow Off or air dry hair when using hands to scrunch and shape hair to the excellent cluttered crop.
Swept Rear Pixie
- After washing, use a lightweight volumizer to wet hair.
- Blow-dry own hair using a round brush, curling bangs and the front part of the hair up and backward as you move. To attain high quantity, turn head upside-down because you blow-dry roots.
- Finish the look by conducting styling pomade through the endings of hairs together with your fingers. Lift up and separate strands as you go.
Celebrity Pixie Cuts
Pixie cuts can be just as smart as any long hairstyles, or even more so! Just look at several celebrities who have adopted the striking look and made it their signature fashion. From Rihanna into Anne Hathaway, pixie cuts are dominating red carpets and magazine shoots anywhere. Channel your favorite star by finding inspiration into their killer crops.
Rihanna boldly sliced off her long locks years ago and never return. The singer is a winner of hair using pixie cuts with her go-to appearance. Whether she’s rocking brown, black, blonde, red or purple hair, Rihanna slays a pixie cut. If you’re feeling fierce and adventuresome, try one of her many short styles on your own.
Emma Watson’s ethereal looks are perfectly suited to a pixie cut. While her delicate facial features are tight and lost with long hair, a brief harvest highlights her beauty and brings it into life. Whether she chooses a long pixie cut with bangs for a sultry look or a short, choppy cut for a cute style, Emma always matches her hair to her cosmetics for an unforgettable appearance.
Since Anne Hathaway radically cut off her long hair in 2012 because of her role in Les Misérables, her livelihood and fashion credit have been flourishing. The celebrity not only won an Oscar for her role in the movie but also created a hairstyle revolution. Her photo was clutched by many women heading to their salons to get a chop and still is today.
If it comes to hair inspiration, Julianne Hough is still 1 celebrity that we seem to. Her signature blonde locks transform from long to short and back again while always remaining impeccably stylish. Similar to any other hairstyle, Julianne nails the pixie cut into perfection.