Dressing appropriately for the event is always significant, but for a few events it’s paramount. One such occasion, where grooming must be approached with consideration and care, is a funeral and wake. At funerals, it’s vital to show respect, and part of doing so is dressing in appropriate attire. The sombre occasion ought to be represented by means of your clothes with subdued tones, classic fashions and royal design. Funerals are a time to blend with the audience and fade to the background as everybody honours the deceased and pays respect to the deceased’s loved ones. Display sensitivity to the occasion by dressing easy, complicated, sharp and dimmed. Remember, it’s equally as improper to seem sloppy as it is to look over the top and showy.
Things to Wear to a Funeral
- Respect the family’s wishes and dress code.
- Dark colors are a necessary mark of respect.
- Make certain to wear a suit, preferably in black.
- Do not ever wear casual wear, such as jeans or a t-shirt.
- Always complete your outfit with a tie.
- Dress shoes at a darkened tone are essential. Make sure they are polished.
- Keep accessories easy and sharp.
- If the funeral is held in a formal venue, like a church, then make sure you keep your coat on during the ceremony.
- As dress codes and rules differ between faiths, be sure to check that you’re dressed appropriately for the spiritual temperament of the funeral you are attending.