Fashion News

Top International Fashion News of the Week | 29.10.2017

389Views

01_cara_dior_lede

Last week, Condé Nast banned Terry Richardson, Proenza Schouler declared another fashion lineup, the BFC enjoyed this season’s Fashion Awards nominees, and Ford singed its first transgender model. Discover these tales and much more as we reveal this week’s top international fashion news.

Ford Designs Evidence Andreja Pejić

Andreja Pejić has just joined Ford Models as their first openly transgender model. Thus, the 26-year-old Australian is following at the forefront of industry icons such as Christie Brinkley, Jerry Hall and Alek Wek. Born to a Syrian war refugee household, Pejić is the first transgender model to have been featured in Vogue, on the cover of GQ and also to be the face of Make Up For Ever. “Three years ago I had been dropped by a modeling agency after I came out publicly as transgender,” Andreja confessed in an interview with Forbes. “It seems good to go from not knowing if I would have a long time in the modeling company to joining forces with one of the biggest names in the industry.”

Andreja was discovered in 2017 while operating a part-time job at McDonald’s. After shooting a fashion feature for French Vogue styled by Carine Roitfeld at 2010, the blonde beauty went to conquer global runways, walking for the likes of John Galliano, Marc Jacobs, Raf Simons, Paul Smith and Jean Paul Gaultier. Famous for her frame, she has been one of the very first models to show both, menswear and womenswear. Now working with Ford, Andreja wants to keep being an advocate for inclusivity within the industry. “I feel the next step is getting off from feeling like charity. At times the requests I get for bookings, it is almost like a charity contribution. When customers and companies want to get with this diversity wagon, I find that the jobs, opportunities and money being offered are still very much below what is offered to classic talent.”

#NowRepresenting @andrejapejic | #FORDmodels #AndrejaPejic

A article shared by FORD Models (@fordmodels) on October 20, 2017 at 2:35pm PDT

Cara Delivingne Fronts Dior’s New Anti-Ageing Campaign

Dior had the attractiveness world talking this week once the style house announced the launching of a new anti-ageing lineup starring 25-year-old model veteran Cara Delivingne. Entitled Capture Youth, the line comes with a selection of wrinkle prevention products which are thought to delay the aging process — if used. Contrary to Dior’s Capture Totale beauty lineup, which targets women in their 40s and 50s, Capture Youth is aimed at millennial girls in their 30s or even younger. The lineup was created in collaboration with the Université Pierre et Marie Curie in Paris. They discovered that “the skin’ intracellular antioxidant defense system, called glyoxalase, which controls skin’s capacity to resist against visible signs of aging, has diminished by time and environmental factors,” said Edouard Mauvais-Jarvis, the environmental manager and scientific communication director of Parfums Christian Dior.

Capture Youth includes the extract of Iris Florentina, which can be said to have the ability to raise the action of glyoxalase and so, delay the appearance of wrinkles. In the last few decades, the idea of preventing the aging procedure before it even begins has gained a lot of popularity in the beauty sector. Many experts endorse the introduction of anti-ageing goods to a skincare regimen from as early as 21. Age-defying supermodel Claudia Schiffer outed herself as a supporter of this concept, crediting her still young looks to using anti-ageing within her career from age 20.

The house of Dior is thrilled to announce that @caradelevingne, revolutionary top model, dedicated woman and rising actress, is currently the face of the skincare “Capture Youth”, dedicated for women in their thirties #diorforyouth

A post shared with Dior Official (@dior) on October 24, 2017 at 4:52am PDT

Leave a Reply